Postdoctoral Position in Advanced Clinical Neuroimaging of Aging, Dementia, TBI, and PTSD in Veterans
Tuesday 12th September 2023
Contact Email for the Job Posting Dylan.Katz@va.gov
Organization VA Boston Healthcare System
Location Boston, MA
Title Postdoctoral Position in Advanced Clinical Neuroimaging of Aging, Dementia, TBI, and PTSD in Veterans
Closing date Dec 10, 2023
Description Postdoctoral Position in Advanced Clinical Neuroimaging of Aging, Dementia, TBI, and PTSD in Veterans
Applicants must be US Citizens
Location: VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA
Affiliated Laboratories and Investigators:
Translational Research Center for TBI and Stress Disorders (TRACTS)
National Center for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (NCPTSD)
Neuroimaging Research for Veterans Center (NeRVe)
Catherine Fortier, PhD
William Milberg, PhD
Michael Esterman, PhD
David Salat, PhD
Position Type: Full-Time, 2-year contract with potential for renewal.
VA Boston Healthcare System is a premier research institution at the intersection of neuroimaging, cognitive neuroscience, and clinical research in Veterans. Located in the dynamic and eclectic Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston, we offer state-of-the-art neuroimaging facilities, dedicated research teams, and a vibrant, interdisciplinary research environment. We are committed to understanding the neurological intricacies of aging, Alzheimer's, dementia, combat exposure, traumatic brain injuries, PTSD, and more.
Seeking a highly motivated and skilled Postdoctoral Fellow to lead groundbreaking research in advanced clinical neuroimaging. This pivotal role will integrate methodologies from computer vision, machine learning, and neuroimaging to investigate the neural underpinnings of aging, Alzheimer's, dementia, and the unique challenges faced by Veterans.
1. Conduct advanced neuroimaging data acquisition using fMRI, DTI, and other modalities.
2. Process and analyze large datasets leveraging state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning techniques.
3. Collaborate closely with computer scientists, neuroscientists, and clinicians to design and implement innovative experiments.
4. Publish research findings in high-impact journals and present at international conferences.
5. Mentor junior researchers, graduate students, and interns.
1. Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Computer Science, Cognitive Neuroscience, or related fields.
2. Proficient in neuroimaging tools (e.g., FSL, SPM, AFNI, Freesurfer) and programming languages (e.g., Python, MATLAB).
3. Demonstrated expertise in computer vision and/or machine learning applications.
4. Strong publication record in relevant domains.
5. Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
What We Offer:
1. Competitive salary and benefits package.
2. Access to state-of-the-art neuroimaging facilities and computational resources.
3. Collaborative environment with world-renowned experts.
4. Strong focus on professional growth and networking.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV, a cover letter detailing relevant experience, and the names and contact details of three references to Dylan Katz .
Closing Date: 12/10/2023
VA Boston Healthcare System is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.