Research Scientist (University Hospital of Essen, Institute for Artificial Intelligence)
Monday 3rd May 2021
The University Hospital of Essen (UHE) provides medical care of the highest quality to 225,000 patients annually and employs 6,000 individuals in a total of 26 clinics and 23 institutes. In addition to medical care, the UHE offers modern diagnostic and comprehensive therapies of the highest international standard, and engages in an extensive range of research and teaching services at an internationally competitive level.
The newly-founded Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (IKIM) is part of the SMART Hospital concept developed by the UHE. With the help of machine learning methods, we strive to gain new insights from medical data to improve patient care. The institute is situated in the heart of Essen- Rüttenscheid, a lively and fashionable district with opportunities to exercise an optimal work-life balance.
In the research group for Artificial Intelligence in Radiology at the Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, there is an immediate vacancy for a:
Research Scientist (full-time, part-time)
The project runs until 30.09.2022, and this position is initially limited to the duration of the project. An extension of the contract is possible in accordance maximum employment periods (WissZeitVG) should third-party funding become available. Income corresponds to income levels delineated by the German public office system of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia according to applicant qualifications (TV-L system, income group 13).
1. Develop and train AI algorithms such as neural networks and classical Machine Learning models (e.g. GAN, LSTM, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines)
2. Develop EDP tools for data aggregation and model evaluation for the purpose of research tasks
3. Evaluate the integration of external systems
4. Conduct typical tasks involved in data preprocessing of images, text and tabular data
1. Completed Master’s degree in computer science or a comparable field of study
2. Excellent knowledge and prior experience in Machine Learning (TensorFlow, Keras, Pandas, and scikit-learn)
3. Excellent programming knowledge in one or preferably more languages as Python, C++, Java or R
4. Highly-motivated to independently engage in problem and error analyses
Engagement in secondary employment is based on the regulations of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
Applicants with disabilities are given preference if they hold equally suitable qualifications (§ 2 Para. 3 SGB IX).
The University of Duisburg-Essen strives to increase the proportion of women among the scientific research personnel. Female applicants will be given preference if they have the same suitability, ability, and professional performance as other candidates.
Please send your impressive application documents by email to Dr. Felix Nensa in PDF format with a reference to the advertisement number 1058 by 30.05.2021.
|Organization||University Hospital of Essen, Institute for Artificial Intelligence|
|Location||Giradetstrasse 2, 45131 Essen, Germany|