Postdoc / PhD positions (University of British Columbia)
Thursday 6th August 2020
Title: Machine learning for medical imaging and bioinformatics
Multiple positions post-doctoral fellowships (PDF) and PhD positions in the field of machine learning/computational biology are available in the School of Biomedical Engineering and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of British Columbia/Vancouver General Hospital. The incumbents will join an interdisciplinary team working to establish a program on machine learning applications in pathology and genomics. Candidates are expected to have extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: diverse areas of machine learning and statistics especially deep neural networks, statistics, image processing, bioinformatics etc.
Depending on the position, the candidate will play an important role in the project team, including authoring grants, conducting large-scale international projects, managing collaborations, disseminating research findings, and assisting in managing junior lab members.
The successful candidate will report to the Principal Investigator (Director of AI Research at OVCARE, Dr. Ali Bashashati).
- Developing efficient deep learning algorithms for the classification and risk-stratification of patients based on whole slide tissue images.
- Developing machine learning algorithms for studying correlation between genomic/transcriptomic signatures and whole slide tissue images in cancer samples.
- Senior members: participation in the preparation of manuscripts and grant applications.
- Senior members: Participation in supervising junior lab members.
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering or similar.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of deep learning algorithms in image processing.
- Outstanding programming skills in Python and R.
- At least 2 years of experience working on one or more of the following areas: image processing, machine learning, large scale genomic/transcriptomics, single cell sequencing.
- Track record of development and implementation of novel machine learning algorithms in cancer genomics.
- Extensive experience in utilizing machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, and Scikit-learn.
- Experience in deploying machine learning models (especially deep learning) in cloud computing environments, AWS and Google Cloud.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Linux computing clusters.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding publication record
* We are looking for candidates with strong analytical, programming and machine learning skills. Experience in biomedical applications in not necessary but desired. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
* Very competitive salary based on qualifications.
- We provide a very competitive package (depending on qualifications and experience)
How to apply
- Please send applications to email@example.com . In the body of your email, please mention what position you are looking for (PDF, PhD) and your earliest availability date.
- Your package should include detailed CV, transcripts.
|Organization||University of British Columbia|
|Title||Postdoc / PhD positions|