Navigation Engineer (Intuitive Surgical, Inc.)
Tuesday 4th August 2020
Joining Intuitive means using technology to improve the efficacy of patient care and decrease the invasiveness of medical procedures. Patient safety is our highest priority. We work in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment. We believe in applying first-principles thinking, data-driven decision making, continuous learning, and systematic planning to deliver results and achieve our goals.
The Ion™ endoluminal system is Intuitive's new robotic platform for minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung, with an initial goal of improving the early diagnosis of lung cancer. As a navigation engineer on the Ion project, you will join a small team of robotics and software experts. You will play a lead technical role, working to conceptualize, design, and evaluate new aspects of a guidance software solution.
• Work as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, start-up-like business unit
• Develop new algorithms and software implementations in areas such as image analysis, localization, and sensor fusion
• Prototype and iterate on designs, develop tests, and deliver production-ready code
• MS or PhD in CS, EE, ME, BioE or related fields
• Great communication skills
• Strong programming skills; C++ knowledge preferred
• Demonstrated expertise in computer vision, medical image analysis, registration, robotics, sensor fusion, and/or machine learning
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot and debug complex systems
• High levels of independence and technical ownership
• Bonus points for:
• Experience with development in Linux
• Experience with medical devices and product development in a regulated industry
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to email@example.com
|Organization||Intuitive Surgical, Inc.|
|Location||Sunnyvale, CA, USA|