Post-doc Position in Digital Pathology and Machine Learning
Thursday 30th July 2020
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to complement our interdisciplinary team focusing on digital pathology and image analysis for colorectal cancer research. The project is funded by SNSF SINERGIA that aims at an AI driven multi-modal classifier to predict patient outcome and molecular subtypes in colorectal cancer.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Development of machine learning algorithms for disease classification, patient stratification and molecular subtyping from histopathology images
- Management of the digital pathology research group
- Involvement in digital pathology workflows for clinical pathology routine
- Scientific publications and presentations at national and international conferences
- Possibility of co-supervising MSc, PhD, or MD students
- The candidate must hold a PhD degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, informatics, medicine, biology or closely related field.
- Applicants should have prior experience in medical image processing, machine learning, computational biology, big data techniques and applied statistics.
- Practical knowledge and expertise in Python, Matlab, R, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent English language skills
- Interest in real-life application of image analysis to diagnostics
- Experience in histopathology image processing is considered as a major advantage.
A unique research environment at the intersection of medicine and computer science. The post- doctoral fellow will work under the supervision of Prof. Inti Zlobec, Head of the Translational Research Unit and Digital Pathology group. Additionally, the post-doc will benefit from a multidisciplinary team with clinical interests and will have the opportunity to work together with collaborators from IBM Research, ZHAW, ETH Zurich, HESO Sierre/Uni Fribourg and the Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich.
Duration: 2 Years
Starting Date: immediate or upon agreement
Interested applicants should send the curriculum vitae, a detailed motivation letter, names and contact detail of two referees (as 1 PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to Prof. Inti Zlobec (email@example.com).
|Organization||Institute of Pathology, University of Bern|
|Location||University of Bern, Institute of Pathology, Murtenstrasse 31 CH-3008 Bern, Switzerland|
|Title||Post-doc Position in Digital Pathology and Machine Learning|