EPSRC CDT in Smart Medical Imaging Studentships Available
Saturday 23rd November 2019
EPSRC CDT in Smart Medical Imaging
The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Smart Medical Imaging studentship competition for funding commencing September 2020 is now open.
PhD Training Programme
We offer an integrated PhD programme with dedicated training in transferable skills, responsible research and innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our students also enjoy placement opportunities in world-class international labs and in the healthcare industry, maximising their career opportunities and employability.
Who Should Apply?
Applications are invited from PhD candidates with a strong interest and high potential in multi-disciplinary research and training in medical imaging. A 1st class or upper second degree or Distinction in relevant subjects, including mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, or biology, is required. Visit our website for more details on eligibility and admissions criteria.
Each PhD studentship includes tuition fees and a competitive tax-free stipend set at the UKRI London-weighting (current rate for 2019/20: £17,009). Students also receive a generous allowance for research consumables, conference travel, international lab visits and industry placements.
Why Join Us
• Fully funded PhD studentships, including generous research consumables and conference travel, with exposure to international imaging labs and healthcare industry placements;
• Research excellence in Smart Medical Imaging within a unique multi-disciplinary hospital environment in Central London (St. Thomas’ Hospital), with state-of-the-art labs and clinical research imaging facilities within both King’s and Imperial;
• Choice of many innovative PhD projects, supervised by internationally renowned academics from King’s College London and/or Imperial College London, with direct input from world-leading clinical academics of our associated NHS Hospital Trusts;
• Close healthcare industry involvement in selective research projects, with paid internships and on-site clinical application specialists from major industry partners;
• Emphasis on research collaboration through PhD cohort building and interdisciplinary research training, and transferable skills training for outstanding employability;
• Access to large UK research initiatives and infrastructure, such as the new £10m London Medical Imaging & Artificial Intelligence Centre for Value-Based Healthcare, the NVIDIA AI initiative at King’s and the new London high-field 7T MR centre based at King’s.
Please visit our website for more information on eligibility criteria, programme overview, and how to apply.
Closing date: 20 January 2020
|Organization||EPSRC CDT in Smart Medical Imaging|
|Title||EPSRC CDT in Smart Medical Imaging Studentships Available|