Postdoctorate Modeling and Simulation Scientist (2 years)
Tuesday 9th July 2019
F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Who we are:
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The Translational Modeling and Simulation Group is part of the Pharmaceutical Sciences department, focused on quantitative preclinical modeling and simulation. We are looking for an outstanding, hardworking, highly motivated individual to join our team as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow. In this role, you will integrate data from multiple sources with the goal of developing predictive mathematical, statistical and/or machine-learning models of immunogenicity in the context of drug development.
The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is sought at supporting excellent early-career scientists focusing on collaborative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. Both internal Roche and external academic experts will act as mentors, and you will be based primarily at Roche Innovation Centre Basel, Switzerland.
In this position you will:
- Develop modeling and simulation tools to support research in the area of immunogenicity
- Integrate data from multiple sources (in-vitro, in-vivo, clinical) to generate and test hypotheses for prediction of immunogenicity incidence, management and prevention
- Publish your findings in high-impact journals
Who you are:
- A highly motivated scientist with strong experience in modeling and simulation and excellent communication skills, who enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multinational teams
- Someone who enjoys and has experience in creative, data-driven quantitative modeling
- PhD in mathematics, physics, engineering, statistics, biostatistics, modelling and simulation or a related discipline with no more than 4 years of work experience since graduation.
- Strong knowledge of programming in Matlab, R, Python (other languages a plus).
- Substantial track record of scientific publications as journal articles and conference talks
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in machine learning and knowledge of basic immunology would be a plus
When does it start? The start date of this fellowship is 1st August, or on availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date on your motivation letter. All applications always need to include a CV, motivation letter and a certificate of your PhD.
Do you know what Roche stands for? Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: ROiLS, ROiMK, ROiEE, ROiBI, ROiDS, ROiDIG
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
|Organization||F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG|
|Title||Postdoctorate Modeling and Simulation Scientist (2 years)|